Sunday, October 21, 2012

You Didn't Like Carrots

We sat on the swings not realizing that there were other people within eyes distance.  I would think about how we would grow up together and be married.  How we would have kids and we would be a family.  I didn't know what you were thinking, but it was okay because I had a feeling you were thinking the same.

We hadn't kissed.  We didn't have sex, but I loved you.

I held your hand, well at least I touched it when we both reached for the pencils.  I knew I loved you.  I waited in the lunchroom everyday so that we could sit together.  You would have my carrots and I would have your tater tots. 

You didn't like carrots but you took them anyways, because you loved me. 

People would tease and call names but we didn't listen because they were just words coming out of childrens mouths.  We were mature. We loved each other.

But now I've moved on and you have to.  I still wonder if you are in love with me.  I wonder if I'm in love with you. 

4 comments:

  1. I love this post. It seems like the world thinks you have to be older and have sex to be in love. But I agree. You can be pooping your pants and still be in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if I'm in love with you.

    Love that ending. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete