Saturday, December 8, 2012

my knees are bent

 
 
 
Last week a man gave me a flower and told me to enjoy life.
later that night I went into the woods and burnt that beauty.

The grass used to be greener and the stars used to shine brighter,
but that was before I let my insecurities flow out through the cracks in my heart.

If street lights shone brighter than the sun, hookers would have their way
and men in suits would have more of an opinion than poets.
Longing for something more.

The sun never really stops shining,
and lovers never lose their touch.
I've been waiting with my arms wide open ready for something to embrace.
Something worth having passion for.

It's a shame I don't lift weights,
so I could hold up all my hopes and dreams.

Blue lights remind me more of the ocean than her eyes
and I wish I could tell her that the moon is more attractive than her low cut neck line.

I've never been one to cry over broken plates
or the smell of wood burning down the road.
I've heard the cries of children in distant countries,
for their mothers,
and my prayers are still forgotten.
But I know that there is enough decency in this world
to enjoy the laugh of a newborn,
or the rising sun
that's waiting to sink into our hearts.



2 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite of all your posts. Which is saying something.
    "I wish I could tell her that the moon is more attractive than her low cut neck line"

    ReplyDelete