Sunday, October 20, 2013

This is a blog post, titled "Us"


I used to try so I could be somebody.  Until I realized I was becoming nobody.  He, she, them. Look what they did. Hear what he said?

Poison.

In the deepest part of our hearts we're all afraid. Scared to break free of the chains, we cry rivers that carry a thousand words. And one of these days our ships might set sail and bring us to somewhere worth staying. Pushing through hatred and pain, the same color blood just passed through our veins.

I used to try so I could be somebody.  Until I found that I already was.

No one's free until we're all free. There's no me and no you, there's just us.





3 comments:

  1. Oh my freaking heck. You are amazing.

    "we cry rivers that carry a thousand words"
    "Pushing through hatred and pain, the same color blood just passed through our veins."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I used to try so I could be somebody. Until I found that I already was.
    No one's free until we're all free. There's no me and no you, there's just us."
    Deadweight - Serianna (just the lyrics)
    This is fantastic! Really the whole thing is. But this here is something else. It's going up on the quote bar!
    Grand Slam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you. And I miss your posts. And I still miss you. But you already know that. But I just really miss you.

    ReplyDelete