Sunday, November 18, 2012

Broken Bones in Montauk

Snow brings out the peace in my mind.

 

We could move to Alaska, but you've always hated the cold.

We could watch the sunrise every morning just to prove to God that we care, but God made the sunrise to wake the sleepers, not to accommodate people like us.

See we've been awake for some time now.  But our bones will break, and our skin will hurt and our hearts will stop beating.

So give me a sign that you're real.  Let me know you're there.  Cause I don't fear lighting, or frost bite.

I'm afraid of buying a ticket to Montauk, and you won't be on the train.

I fear that my heart beats for some dream.  A lost cause. 

Let me know you're waiting, cause I've been ready to go for a while.  My bags are packed and my bones aren't broken.

So let's go.  Let's leave while were young, and careless and too stupid to understand the outcomes of our decisions.

If I buy a ticket, will you be there?

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I know that I say that all the time, but I really mean it. This is good and I love it.

    ReplyDelete