Friday, November 16, 2012

Love at far sight: Guidlines on being normal

 
 
 
Just like the next  9 to 5 worker who ran over the dog on their way home from work, I'm a murderer.
 
I do things out of impulsion, not reason.  I leave the water running when I brush my teeth so I can feel normal.  But I haven't felt that way since 6th grade.
 
I turn off the news when I hear about afflictions.  "I'm sure they're fine".
 
I sleep with 3 pillows even though I only need one.  And I still wake up with a sore neck.
 
I could tell you how to be normal, but God made everyone different, and I'm not blasphemous.
 
This is not about a way of life.  It's about why I don't smile.  It's about why I'm taller in the morning and shorter at night, and why the phone never rings, and why I'm more comfortable being someone else.
 
The dark scares me.  The sun provokes me.  And just like the next 9 to 5 worker, my impulsive side is a killer.
 
My heart aches for freedom, my feet don't like to be contained, but that dog, was just trying to get home to his family.
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. My goodness... I don't know which lines to steal! This is all so unbelievably beautiful. And you know I feel just the same way.

    I loved--> "My heart aches for freedom, my feet don't like to be contained." and "It's about why I don't smile. It's about why I'm taller in the morning and shorter at night. It's about why the phone never rings.".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And just like the next 9 to 5 worker, my impulsive side is a killer."

    It's been so cool to see how your writing has evolved since you're first post. I love it when you post things, because you come out with things like this. Absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is it.

    Hall of Fame nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. I don't really know what to say other than yes.

    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I could tell you how to be normal, but God made everyone different, and I'm not blasphemous."
    SO GOOD. I've read it three times over now. I can't get enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering why you were on the hall of fame 3 weeks in a row... now i understand. COMPLETELY

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I'm taller in the morning and shorter at night"

    Haha I remember you telling me that on Sunday! Pretty much made my day when I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I used that picture on one of my posts too! #wearethesameperson

    ReplyDelete