Saturday, November 10, 2012

Not Everyone is Happy in The New World


 
This new world came without my permission
I didn't accept
I wasn't ready for what came, and hit me like a train
I was a deer in the headlights
 
Those lights were attractive, I will admit,
but they decieved me
This wasn't really what I wanted, and the train didn't stop
It was oblivious to my rights
My God given rights
 
My freedom was stripped from me,
and now I'm a prisoner
 
Trapped and forced to conform
 
Forced to act in harmony, but this isn't my song
This is not my creation
It's yours
 
So let me be
 
Let me live while you take lives
Precious lives that were meant to do good,
but have been twisted by your sick ways
 
Let this new world flee from me so I can be free.

9 comments:

  1. I think the short blackout poems are the best.

    This was a cool idea. Use the blackout as the title and then write something inspired by it.

    "But this isn't my song"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My freedom was stripped from me,and now I'm a prisoner

    I Stole this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. I love your music too, Zion I and Gorillaz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're an up and comer dude, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Those lights were attractive, I will admit"
    Made me think about how when I was little I thought growing up would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh the first line. why can't we have any control at all?

    esther.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Those lights were attractive, I will admit,
    but they decieved me" favorite line. amazing! thanks for quoting me ps:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time I have really read your blog..... my bad. I regret it though. Keep it up, really good post.

    ReplyDelete